Sim Kapila is committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal data are protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
How we may Collect your Personal Data
Sim Kapila does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this website or otherwise, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details by email, or by using an electronic form, or enquiring about any of our services. In these circumstances, the personal information that you give us will only be used to provide the information or service you have requested or to provide you with news.
Sim Kapila obtains personal data about you, for example:
- when you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- when you engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services;
- when you contact us by email, telephone or post (for example, when you have a query about our services); or
- from third parties and/or publicly available resources (for example, from Companies House).
The Kind of Information we Hold About you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name and/or your address);
- details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
- details of any services you have received from us;
- our correspondence and communications with you;
- information about any complaints and enquiries made by you;
- information from research, surveys and marketing activities; and
- information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information or information provided by our clients.
What we do with the Information we Gather
The information you provide is used to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you and to comply with our legal obligations.
- We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee of our client.
- We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
- We may process your data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
If you wish to withdraw your consent or do not wish to receive any information from us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Situations in which we will use your Personal Data
We may use your personal data in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you or your employer and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services);
- provide you with information related to our services and our events and activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide; and
- notify you about any changes to our services.
In some circumstances we may anonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT and cloud services, professional advisory services, marketing services and banking services.
All our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may share your personal data with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Transferring Personal Data Outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The data controller for the main elements of this site is Sim Kapila. The office address of Sim Kapila is 37 – 41 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HH.
As a data controller under the Data Protection Act (1998) and the GDPR (2018), Sim Kapila adheres strictly to our legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you.
If you have a specific question about the data we hold on you, are unhappy with our response or feel the need to escalate matters, please contact Rakesh Kapila, the data protection officer at Sim Kapila, by sending him an email at email@example.com.
Controlling your Personal Information
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You have the right to contact us to remove consent, to correct, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any point, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with unsubscribe in the subject line or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing emails you receive from us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to us at the address given above.